About our District
36540 Grant Road
Romulus, Michigan 48174
(734) 532-1600 | (734) 532-1611 (fax)
District Mission Statement
The mission of Romulus Community Schools is to continuously provide innovative learning opportunities which will best prepare all learners to meet the challenges of the future.
District Vision Statement
High Expectations, High Achievement: Everyone, Every Day
The district’s policies were developed in collaboration with the Michigan Association of School Boards and have been adopted by the board of education to provide direction to Board members, District staff and parents and students. The board of education reviews and approves the policies annually. The District’s administration will make the policies available on the board of education page of the district’s website, the board office and at each school building. District policies may be amended from time to time based on a decision of the board of education or in compliance with new legal requirements. District administration and staff are expected to familiarize themselves with these policies and conduct themselves accordingly.
Board Goals & District Initiatives
- Student Achievement: By 2021-2022, 85% of all students in the district will score in the proficient or above categories on the State’s assessment in all core subject areas
- Post-Secondary College and Career Readiness: Romulus Community Schools will prepare all students for post-secondary education or career training
- Fiscal Responsibility: The Board of Education will ensure that the District operates in a fiscally responsible manner with a positive fund budget balance each year to achieve a goal of 5% fund balance or greater
- Communication: Romulus Community Schools will improve communication both internally and externally
The Romulus Board of Education endorsed six initiatives to be the focus for increasing student achievement:
- School and Community
- Early Childhood
- Healthy Living
District Budget & Transparency Reporting
The annual budget along with other significant financial information may be accessed through the Transparency icon on the main page of the district’s website.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, and the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act of 1977, it is the policy of the Romulus Community Schools that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, disability, age, height, weight, or martial status be excluded from participation, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination during any program, activity, service or in employment. For information, contact Human Resource Office, 36540 Grant Road, Romulus, MI 48174 (734) 532-1662.